Friday, December 3, 2010

Tim's Tag - Day 3

Day Three, and Tim has shared yet another gorgeous tag, loaded with lots of fun and creative techniques!  Mine is, of course, loaded with lots of substitutions and an extra technique. For the most part I created my tag following Tim's guidelines. Here are my substitutions:
  • I created my own tissue tape (not worth the hassle! buy it!) by first stamping white tissue paper with a music stamp and then running it thru my Xyron. Then, cut into strips and apply randomly.
  • I didn't have Rock Candy Stickles, so I made my own icy glitter using Glossy Accents and some craft store chunky clear glitter.
  • My bottom ruffle was created using crepe paper streamers that are gathered and stitched to the tag.
  • The 'button' on my flower was made by inking an upholstery tack with Versamark and then embossing with silver ep. While it was hot, I dipped it into some of Martha's silver glitter. Love this!
Speaking of my flower - I absolutely love Tim's tissue tape flower, but I couldn't resist trying out the Acetate Flowers technique from the latest issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. It's very cool! The flowers were all cut using Tim's Tattered Florals die. All the stamps I used (except for the music) are from I Brake for Stamps

Ooops! I just realized I forgot the bird's wing! It is a flightless bird...

17 comments:

  1. love the tag & how you made it your own. The bird is "grounded" LOL
    (ATT member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! I especially like the button on your flower ... mind if I try that out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Great job on this tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! I love your flower!!! That has such pizazz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flower, Shelly, and that little touch of burlap, too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag, Shelly. You sure are creative, making your own tissue tape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Shelly,

    nice tag and I like your substitutions.

    Wow, you put a lot of work in making the tissue tape. Maybe not easy to make a lot, but worth trying to make one flower.

    My favorite is the upholstery tag you altered !

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! I love to make my own Tissue Tape, the possibilities are endless.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag I love the fabric on the bottom :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another superb tag Shelly, loving that little ruffle at the bottom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool tip on the upholstery tack. I have bunches of those (don't even know where they came from!) and have resisted buying vintage buttons...fab idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tag! Found you via Pinterest.
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!