Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tag Tuesday - Shaped Tag


This week's Tag Tuesday challenge was to make a shaped tag. I have been wanting to make a little Christmas stocking ever since these Oxford Impressions stamps were released. Of course, while I was ruminating on the design, the amazing Elizabeth Shea made one and I was like - man, if I do one now, I will look like such a copycat! I guess enough time has passed and I feel ok to make my own, lol. Check out Elizabeth's (as well as a lot of other amazing artist's work here.

While you're drooling over all that art, I hope you are inspired to make some of your own. Suzanne, the owner of Oxford Impressions is having a Christmas card contest and you still have plenty of time to enter! Head on over to Suzanne's blog to get all the details. Good luck!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely boot/stocking tag, Shelly! I love the gorgeous red snowflakes and the cuttlebug embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Tag. Beautiful imagery. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year! Hugs, Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly...I so love your vintage take on things! It isn't something I can do, so I appreciate it that much more. Darling stocking and snowflakes....but the little girl is the best!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you did copy my snowflakes...lol!
    I love the boot shape, especially the look you gave the top trim. Great idea. It looks fabulous.
    Glad you had time to join in.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Sock shaped tag. The image is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like YOUR Christmas stocking as WELL! Thanks for stopping by so I wouldn't miss coming over to see yours *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bautiful stocking! That is a sweet stamp!

    Wish you a Merry Christmas!
    Hugs Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made it! Such a cute shape and pretty imagery - gorgeous Shelly!
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this wonderful tag! Have a very Merry Christmas Shelly! - Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shape. Love the snowflakes. I wish you a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still waiting for the Tim 12 tag . . .

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous tag! love the stocking shape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun stocking ,made and hung with care! Merry Christmas Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Christmas stocking tag is very nice. I also love Oxford Impression's images. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas, dear Shelly! Have a wonderful Happy New Year! Hugs, Viola! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love everything about this, the shape, the colours, the gorgeous image

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just popped by to say congrats on your winning tag! But also to wish you a Joyous New Year. I look forward to sharing our Love of art in the coming year!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!