Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Created By Hand Challenge - Blue & Sand

Today's Created Byhand Challenge was to use the colors blue and sand in your artwork. I had made this blue tag using the Cuttlebug Stamps technique from the latest TJ newsletter and then set it aside, not knowing what to do with it. When I read the challenge I pulled it out and decided to try to work with it again.

I added a gorgeous French background stamp from the latest release from Oxford Impressions. Next, I stamped the label (again, from OI) on cream paper and trimmed around it. I stamped the woman (OI) on cream paper and used my water pen and Broken China Distress ink to color her dress. Hint - acrylic blocks make great palettes when using this technique. Just smoosh your ink pad on the block and pick up the color with your pen. Finally, I added various vintage trims to complete my tag.

GIVEAWAY! Ok, even if you didn't read all the blah blah blah up there, hopefully you will see this! Right now I have 49 followers, if you are the 50th person to follow my blog I will send you this tag, plus some other goodies. But wait! If you are already a follower, or just someone who is dropping in, I will also choose a winner from the comments and send another prize! Not sure yet what it will be, but I guarantee it will be something that I've posted here plus a few more little treats. I will randomly choose a winner on Sunday, so you have lots of time to get your comments in. Make sure you leave your email addy so I can contact you.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to stop by - I really appreciate your kind comments!

25 comments:

  1. Congrats Willy! You're number 50! Email me with your info and I'll get your prize in the mail. Everyone else, remember, there is still another prize to be won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous work on this one
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your tag is gorgeous! I have those stamps enroute to my house right now! your work inspired me to go buy 2 of the new Marie sheets! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag Shelly
    Thank you very much for the chance to be a lucky winner of a piece of your wonderful artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, this is a gorgeous Marie tag. Love the blue and the way you cut our the text panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelly, Too funny, your right great minds . I already follow your amazing work! Your tag is Gorgeous,I,m sure Willy is Thrilled. So happy you signed up for my candy, Good Luck! I'd Love to be included in your draw also!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, as always Shelly. And thanks for the clear description of your process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is lovely. Great stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Shelly. I love the cuttlebug embossing.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shelly, your tag is beautiful. cuttlebug folders are a great way to get texture on a card.
    stamping sue
    stamprsue@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, as usual! You don't need to put my name in the drawing. Just being able to communicate with someone like you in this limited way is all the reward I will ever need.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag, Shelly! Your work is always awesome.
    Thanks for the "tip" regarding picking up color from an acrylic block.
    Debbie K.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shelly! These pieces are amazing!! I can't believe I never knew about Oxford Impressions! Hope you received your Where Women Create magazine in a timely manner. Thanks so much for all the artistic inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shelly...I had to come by to see what beautiful things you have been creating. this tag is so pretty. Love that lace at the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good day to pop in . . . was wondering what lovely new things you've created. Beautiful tag. Great color scheme.
    :-)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful and fabulous tag! That Marie image is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have worked wonderfully with this colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that tag stamp and NEED it ,it goes so well with the Parisian lady great colouring .
    thats good tip to use an acrylic block .next time I'll try it out, see if it stops me from making a mess of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to win some vintage trims or other surprises..love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shelly, you work absolute magic with the Oxford stamps. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shelly - I receive your blog updates via google reader and always come look when there is an update...I love stamping and enjoy your blog because you stamp a lot!
    Thanks for inspiring and your tag is wonderful!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tag, Shelly.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!