Friday, February 13, 2009

House Bank

I made this today for a swap on the CC Swaps group. The theme was Money For a Rainy Day. We were supposed to make a bank that could only be opened by destroying it! I got my lovely heart shaped bank from Sweet Pea a couple (?) weeks ago and have been putting all my spare change in it. I hope Tamara (my swap partner) likes hers!

This started as a paper mache house that I bought around Halloween. I meant to make a haunted house and never got around to it. I covered it with various vintage papers and then added trim from RockCandy Studios. Stamps are from Time to Stamp/I Brake for Stamps, Oxford Impressions, and Lasting Impressions with Panache. The hole for the money is in the top of the chimney. She can look thru the windows and watch her money adding up, but she can't get to it!

22 comments:

  1. Love this swap idea! I've bought these little house boxes... thanks for the inspiration to do something with them. You know I"m lovin' on those trims!

    HaHa... my word verification is inkless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, this is wonderful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who in the world would ever want to open the bank and destroy this work of art? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shelly, This is so cool. Shes so lucky to get it. I'm sure it will never be destroyed though !!She'll just have to let her money grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to cool..i am sure that she will like it..there is only one problem..i would never put money in it for the fear that i might would have to get it back out:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is just breathtaking! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so stinking cute, Shelly! I'm sure she will love it. Know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic! I have one of those houses that I was going to use for Christmas -- 4 years ago! You've inspired me to finally do something with it. I've loved every thing on your blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG .... your house is a dream. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Shelly this is oustanding.
    Absolutely stunning house creation. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous work, Shelly! Love your house! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! I love your bank!
    The colours you have used are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this beautiful house.
    such gorgeous vintage look you had given it.
    and the key is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shelly...this is so gorgeous and I love that the chimney is where the money goes in. Tamara is so lucky to get this. I am sure that she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! This is absolutely stunning, and so inspirational! Thanks so much for sharing. Your swap partner is extremely lucky, I dont think I could let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I hope that no one every destroys this fantstic house bank! Gorgeous use of papers, stamps and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How unique . . . the windows are very clever. Love the tones and muted colors. No one in their right mind is going to demolish this lovely piece.
    :-)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shelly - this is awesome!!!! Love it! Marva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!