Monday, December 8, 2008

Technique Junkies - Oil Pastel Chic

A couple months ago I was very flattered to have Pat Huntoon, who publishes the Technique Junkie newsletter, ask if I would be a guest designer for the Dec/Jan issue. This is one of the cards I made using Robin Caldwell's Oil Pastel Chic technique. I absolutely fell in love with this technique! It is one of those that you just can't do wrong - it comes out fantastic every time.

I was again surprised and flattered when Pat recently asked me to become a regular designer for the newsletter! I have been a subscriber for a few years now and it is the one subscription I will never let lapse. I get so much from every issue (including all the back issues you get if you become an Ultimate Subscriber!). It's very exciting to be part of such a wonderful design team!

The stamps I used for this card are all from Artistic Outpost's wonderful Snowy Woods collection.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shelly, on becoming a TJ designer! Now I have to go look into becoming an Ultimate Subscriber so I can get the back issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a TJ subscriber and you definately deserve a spot. I love your work so much that I visit your blog almost daily.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous background. And they ar lucky to have you as a designer, you are just so talented! I love seeing that you have new posts on your blog, it's always a joy to look at as you never churn out the same stuff, every piece is always unique, beautiful and most importantly, inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried heating the oil pastels (after application)? It makes them brighter!! And amazing when you layer them and heat some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Shelly!!! And your card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, and this piece is just amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bg is amazing! I love all your fantastic technique pieces~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Shelly...it's me, Rockin Robin Caldwell. I just hopped on your blog and saw what fantastic creations you are making with my oil pastel chic techie. Unfortunately, the link in the post brings up someone else's blog, whose name is also Robin. Not me...no blog yet. Perhaps sometime in 2009. Keep your eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!