Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Simon Says Stamp & Show Some Travel

For this week's SSS theme - Show Some Travel, I created a little Parisian shadowbox using rubber stamps from Artistic Outpost's Paris Exposition and Birds of a Feather collections. I also created a step by step tutorial that you can find on the AO blog.

This stamp of the two girls is one of my favorites! They were stamped onto watercolor paper and then colored using a water brush and Tumbled Glass Distress ink. The little banner behind them was created using the Sizzix Pennant die.

Of course, I had to find a way to incorporate a Faux Crazed Porcelain tag! If you haven't tried this technique, you can find the tutorial here. My tag is attached to the ribbon using an Idea-ology Charm Clip and Jump Ring.

The shadowbox was created using an old paper jewelry box. I covered it with Idea-ology Tissue Tape and then painted it with Picket Fence Distress Crackle paint and Pool and Aqua Adirondack Dabbers. The whole thing is sealed with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Medium.

Don't forget, you still have time to enter the Inspiration Emporium monthly challenge! This month we are challenging you to use any kind of paint in your creations. One lucky winner will receive $50 Emporium Dollars to spend in the store. Remember too, you can use my code: stamptramp, to receive 10% off your purchase!

16 comments:

  1. Your travel box is awesome and your faux porcelain is beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial on that. I love how you interpreted the theme, I was thinking cars...I would rather be thinking Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Shelly....once again....I'm amazed at your work! This is lovely! Who would have thought to use an old jewelry box to create such a beautiful shadow box? Answer: YOU! I love the stamped girls and how you colored them with Tumbled Glass. Perfect color against the white. Love the pennants and how you finished out the entire project! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this piece Shelly, the colours give it a real shabby chic feel and love your faux porcelain. Fabulous piece of art. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Shelly! This is such a darling piece...and in colors I love.

    (Great new blog header, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I am luv'n this. I just adore the image of the girls..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and the creativity. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you can include so much 'Tim' in your girly pieces: This is another gorgeous example. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shadow box and I just adore your faux porcelain. Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely gorgeous, so soft and romatic! love it :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! So beautiful Shelly! Love the soft colours. Adorable girls. A gorgeous piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello Shelly,

    yes it's a girly project again, but is there anything wrong with that ! ? :)

    Nice schadowbox : I like the techniques you used on the box to make it look old.
    Favorite is the porcelain tag again :)
    I loooove enamel plates and have several in my house as decoration, but being able to make similar ones to use in projects is awesome .
    Thanks for sharing your technique !

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful diorama!! I love the colors and the flags!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shabby chic feel to this parisian shadow box shelly, those girls are adorable, love the faux porcelain tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this project... the little banner is darling behind the girls (who are cool in their own right!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Dear Friend Shelly.... I love this... it is so very cute.. .I have been making Configuration boxes for three days and love working in these boxes... such fun.. .Yours is so very creative and cute!!! Love all the STUFF you put onto and into it...

    Your work is wonderfully fun and GREAT... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool, Shelly! I'm really drawn to the color palette you used - love the shabbiness of the whole piece - especially the banner. I have got to find time to try your faux porcelain - I'm really crazy over it! Always a pleasure to have you joining in the fun with Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!