Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tim's Tag Day 1

Woo hoo! It's time again for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas! I have been in a bit of a stamping slump lately and I think this is just what I needed to get myself back in the studio.

I love today's tag - what a great start! I didn't have the Rock Candy crackle stuff, so I used some old Fragile Crackle I had lying around. Not quite the same effect, but better than I thought it was going to be. I also didn't have the Distress Stickles, so I used regular Stickles and then sprinkled a bit of Martha Stewart glitter on it to make it a little more snowy looking.

Almost all my stamps are from various Oxford Impressions Christmas/Winter plates. The main image is from their latest collection - St. Nicholas. I am in love with this stamp! I would never have thought to emboss on Grungeboard and then go over it with white paint. VERY cool effect. I finished my piece with a bit of black twill tape and a snowflake charm from OI.

Hope you enjoyed my interpretation. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's tag is!

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL, Shelly!! Love your take on the tag. I need to pull out my O.I. Stamps...haven't used them in ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky girl , you got to play today, and just like I thought better than you know whos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, love how your tag turned out. I also love the new OI stamps.
    I tried Day One's tag, but didn't have good luck with the embossing on grungeboard. Yours seems to have turned out quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I must be out of the loop. What is grungeboard?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Shelly! All your substitutions are as good as the ones Tim used! Isn't it a pretty color, too???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been busy! Love all the tags! Love the way you made the icicles at the top of this!!! Marva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!